Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
March 4, 2012TEAM NOTES
- With the win, Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan earned his 265th win at Wisconsin, moving him into a tie with Hall of Famer Harold "Bud" Foster atop the school's all-time wins list.
- Ryan reached 265 wins in 355 games (265-99), while Foster did so in 532 games over 25 seasons with a 265-267 record.
- Wisconsin improved to 11-0 under Ryan on senior day.
- UW has won at least 12 Big Ten games nine times in school history, seven of which have come in the Ryan era.
- The Badgers' 23 wins rank as the eight-highest single-season total in school history.
- Wisconsin is 166-15 (.917) at home under Ryan, including an 84-9 (.903) mark in Big Ten play.
- UW held Illinois to just 18 points in the first half, the lowest-scoring half of the season for the Illini.
- The Badgers' finished with just seven turnovers, their third straight game with eight or fewer turnovers. They entered the game ranked second in the nation, and lowered their season average to 8.94 turnovers per game.
- Wisconsin maintained its Big Ten-leading free throw percentage in conference games at 77.4 percent.
- Jordan Taylor scored 16 points, giving him 1,454 for his career and moving Taylor into a tie with Kirk Penney for eight place on the Badgers' all-time list.
- Taylor played 38 minutes Sunday, giving him 3,764 for his career, and passing Jason Bohannon for fifth place on Wisconsin's all-time list.
- With three assists Sunday, Taylor now has 126 for the season, tying him with Travon Davis for seventh place on the UW single-season list. Taylor's 161 last season was the third-best total in school history.
- Josh Gasser matched season highs with 16 points and eight rebounds.
- Rob Wilson added eight points and a career-high two steals.
- Ryan Evans reached double figures for the 10th consecutive game with 10 points, five rebounds, three assists and one steal.
- Jared Berggren has 12 points, shooting 3-for-5 from the floor and 6-for-9 at the free throw line.
Bo Ryan after 265th win
Wilson & Taylor senior day video
Taylor, Wilson, Berggren and Gasser